Trinity College Dublin is ranked 71st in the World, 25th in Europe and first in Ireland in the 2014/2015 QS World University Ranking across all indicators. The Geography Department is ranked in the top 100 globally. It is is the top Irish university for postgraduates, with some 1,600 students (11% of the total student body) reading for a research degree.
Applications for admission are received all year with start dates in Spring and Autumn
If funding is required, full preliminary applications as outlined below are to be sent to Dr. Bourke bourkem4 at tcd.ie
- Please send all requested documentation as a single PDF file.
- Please place ‘PhD 2016’ in the subject line of the email.
1. Aeolian dune field dynamics on Mars.
Closing application date for this project is 26th February 2016.
Project description here
2. Cryo-aeolian features on Mars (internal deadline for preliminary application April 4th)
Download the project description here: Here
3. Moisture and salinity cycling in aeolian dunes (internal deadline for preliminary application April 4th)
Download the project description here [[PDF]
4. The recent flood history of Irish drainage basins (internal deadline for preliminary application April 4th)
Contact Professor Bourke for details on this project.